Monday, January 16, 2006

Stringed Instrument collection.

Quite a few people have asked about my stringed instruments, so I decided to post a couple of pictures of most of the collection. Reference the numbers to the text below the photos.
1 Violin - first one I made. Maple back/sides, spanish cedar top.
Gargoyle headpiece Ebonyfingerboard.
2 Violin - Gilga professional.
3 Violin - second one I made. Electric violin totally carved from single piece of flamed maple.
Headpiece is a bird (like a dove).
4 Violin - third one. Maple back/sides. Spruce top. Ebony fingerboard.
Tradition scroll headpiece.
5 Violin - fourth one I made. Flamed sapale back/sides, spanish cedar top.
Snakewood fingerboard. Headpiece is a bird.
6 Mandolin - first one I made. "F" style. Maple back/sides, spruce top.
Snakewood fingerboard and headpiece with dragon inlay.
7 Mandolin - Fender "A" style electric.
8 Mandolin - second one I made. My own design.
Brazilian rosewood neck/back/sides/fingerboard and headpiece. Spanish cedar top.
9 Ukulele - second one I made. Domestic cedar back/sides/top.
Ebony fingerboard with box-elder inlays.
10 Ukulele - standard Hilo uke.
11 Ukulele - first one I made. Flamed maple with purple madagascar rosewood fingerboard.
12 Ukulele - Ovation electric.
13 Balaliaka - only one I've made. 6 string balaliaka variant with dragon headpiece and
engraved / painted dragon top. Lacewood back/sides. Spanish cedar top with ebony
fingerboard and corners.
14 Guitar - Electric semi-hollowbody. Made this one. Flamed maple back/neck with purple
heart stringers. Bubinga (african cherry) top. Ebony fingerboard. Snakewood inlays.
15 Guitar - Electric. Made this one. Birdseye maple neck. Black limba body.
Bloodwood trip and pickguard.
16 Guitar - Electric. First one I made. The "Beatle Axe". Mahogony back/neck. Cherry top.
Ebony fingerboard.
17 Guitar - PRS (Paul Reid Smith) CE22.
18 Guitar - PRS Custom 22 with bird inlays.
19 Guitar - PRS Modern Eagle. By far my best guitar. Brazilian rosewood neck/fingerboard.
"Ten Top" flamed maple. Gold and silver hardware. Bird inlays.
From PRS custom shop
20 Guitar - Electric. Made this one. Black limba body/neck. Brazilian rosewood fingerboard
with abalone inlays from alternating sides of the neck.
21 Guitar - G&L Telecaster. From custom shop/ special order.
Birdseye maple neck. Maple bindings.
22 Guitar - Danelectro. Great neck, but original body sucked, so I made my own body. Maple
top and sides and pickguard. Works great for slide playing. Hollow body. I did the
artwork also.
23 Guitar - Les Paul style. I made this one. Mahogony back/neck. Paduk top. Self portrait
inlay is mother of pearl.
24 Guitar - Epiphone Les Paul.
25 Guitar - Electric hollowbody jazz guitar. Made this one. Maple back/sides/neck.
Spanish cedar top.
26 Guitar - Gretsch Nashville 1960.
27 Guitar - Hofner Verythin Classic.
28 Guitar - Ovation classical. I made the dragon to cover a hole in the top. Still sounds great.
29 Guitar - Madeira. This is my oldest guitar. I keep it in the bed room so I can reach for one
when a wild musical idea just pops into my head.
30 Guitar - Ovation Legend 12 string.
31 Guitar - Ovation Collectors Limited Edition. African cherry top.

I have other guitars at the house, but since they are technically my son Paul's I didn't include them. Paul is getting quite a good collect of quality instruments of his own, and even made a great stratocaster last year. Also I saw no need to post pictures of my 2 piano's 'cause it just wasn't part of the the 'theme'.

TEXAS